Why would I use a crowdfunding campaign manager?
The logical first question is what is management and from the textbook Management Skills it defines Management as the process of reaching organizational goals by working with and through human and other organizational resources. Management has the following 3 characteristics:
- It is a process or series of continuing and related activities.
- It involves and concentrates on reaching organizational goals.
- It reaches these goals by working with and through human and other organizational resources.
We will take time to review and dig into this concept of management and the first thing that I notice in the definition is the world goals. What is a goal and what does a goal have to do with the management function. What is a goal as it relates to business management. A Goal is the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
Crowdfunding Campaign Management:
When we speak of crowdfunding campaign management we are using a process of continuing and related activities that relate to reaching crowdfunding campaign goals. This leads me to determine there is a process where a strategic crowdfunding campaign plan that is going to require the use of human and other organizational resources to implement these plans to achieve the state goals a successful crowdfunding campaign. How are these resources integrated and implemented to reach the stated goal.
The 4 basic management functions that make up the management process are:
- Planning, so there must be a comprehensive crowdfunding plan developed that can encompass all functions needed for a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- Organizing is the process of assigning the functions developed in the planning stages, to individuals or groups within the organizations to create a mechanism to put plans into action.
- Influencing is motivating, leading or directing, and is defined as guiding the activities of organizational members in the direction that helps the organization move towards the fulfillment of the goals.’
- Controlling are the roles played by the manager:
- Gather information that measures performance
- Compare present performance to pre established performance norms.
- Determine the next action plan and modifications for meeting the desired performance parameters.
Developing a team to manage your crowdfunding campaign is vital to having a successful crowdfunding campaign. There are so many moving parts to a crowdfunding campaign over an extended period of time that no one person could do the necessary tasks.