Facebook Marketing For Crowdfunding

In Crowd Investing, Equity Crowdfunding by Bill

Once you have set your goals, you should create a plan for how to implement the plan and achieve the stated goals. A Key part of that plan is determining the correct mix of content. I recommend using the 80-20 rule. The 80-20 rule separates your content dissemination along these lines. 80 percent of your Facebook ads will use the post to inform, educate, and entertain and the remaining 20 percent will be used to directly promote you Crowdfunding campaign.

Remember using Facebook for crowdfunding is all about building transparent trust-based relationships, so don’t constantly pitch your campaign you will not be able to build trust successfully using this type of posting strategy. One thing that I always recommend it to write the post that will encourage engagement. Post your statement in the form of a question to elicit engagement and feedback. Remember, if you produce enough valuable and relevant content to keep your followers engaged, they will be open to learning about your crowdfunding campaign in the remaining 20 percent of post that provides more sales-focused messaging.

The key takeaway from this message is to provide much more engaging content that promotional material to keep your followers interested and engaged with your Facebook and ultimately your crowdfunding campaign. The Facebook dreaded, and constantly changing algorithms will always penalize crowdfunding campaigns that post too many sales and campaign promotion materials. Even though this strategy seems counterintuitive it works!

The final part of your plan is to determine when and how often to post. Even though the algorithm means posts don’t appear in chronological order, you will have the best chance of making it to the top of the heap if you post when your audience is most active on Facebook. According to Fast Company, the best time to post to Facebook are 1-4 p.m. and the peak time is Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. Overall, Fast Company says that the worst time to post is after 8 p.m. on weekends. Finding your optimal time will require trial and error to precisely determine the time that works specifically for your audience.  One of the best tools I find it to gather information from a careful study of your Page Insights.